Your profile as a consultant
You are an experienced consultant looking for the right professional status
By choosing to work as an umbrella employee for MISSIONS-CADRES, you get the status of cadre or non-cadre employment, through a secure, simple system that imposes no hierarchical relationship between you and the umbrella company.
You get custom support from your personal MISSIONS-CADRES advisor.
For more information: read the umbrella guide for consultants
You want to become an independent consultant
Are you retired, looking for a job, or ready to start your own business? Give yourself the tools you need to make the move to specialised consulting.
60,000 to 200,000 freelance or umbrella consultants in France
Consultants are expert professionals who advise others. Consultants may be specialised in a technical field (telecoms, networks, information systems, energy, sustainable development, sociology and urban planning) or an organisational field (management, sales, marketing).
Consultants recommend solutions that suit the needs of its client companies. They may also prepare and help implement the solutions with the company.
How to succeed as an independent umbrella consultant:
- Set out your speciality and your added value in a competitive environment
- Target your potential clients
- Go further with your working methods
- Set your rates
- Manage your time wisely: out of a 365-day year, an umbrella consultant sells 100 days of work on average.
- Network with other consultants and keep up on the latest technologies in your area of expertise.
The professional qualities of consultants:
- Good level of expertise in your field, with good general technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of your client’s field
- Situational analysis methods
- Project management techniques
- Critical thinking skills
- A self-starter who knows how to get organised in different environments
- Persuasion skills
- Professional ethics
Find out more about the consulting profession on the MISSIONS-CADRES blog (in french): Optez porté !